MOST (Modular Object Scanning Technology)
MOST (Modular Object Scanning Technology) is an enterprise document capture and routing solution that provides on-demand delivery of documents right from the convenience of the multi-function device (MFD). Users can scan and route documents from the MFD to the following destinations:
- Scan To Fax - Scan documents for automatic enterprise document routing to a fax system. From the MFD, enter in fax numbers, subjects, cover letters, and additional notes.
- Scan To Email - Scan documents to be sent to an email address.
- Scan To Archive Systems - Scan documents for enterprise routing to an archive system. Users can specify directory locations for certain documents, index information, descriptions, or document types from the MFD.
- Scan To Printers - Scan documents to any printer on the network and control printing options from the MFD.
- Scan To LDAP Home Directory - Scan documents to a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) from the MOST interface on the MFD.
Tag Doc is a document barcode scanning solution that automates document scanning workflow processes using an MFD or printer/scanner. It also allows the user to tag documents with a proprietary barcode that is already built-in with the software for electronic document scanning capabilities. This enterprise document routing solution provides the following features:
- Tag & Print Documents - Documents are automatically tagged with a barcode and can be scanned in for automatic printing.
- Scan & Distribute Documents - Printed documents can be scanned in at an MFD or scanner and distributed to the specified destination with the associated information populated to it.
- Reliability & Accuracy - OCR (Optical Character Recognition) or Zonal OCR type processes are inaccurate and unreliable. The following are reasons why OCR is unreliable and inaccurate:
- OCR is not 100% guaranteed to recognize characters.
- OCR relies heavily on document appearance. This can cause errors such as unrecognizable or colored font, image misalignment, or weak imagining or text due to scanning issues.
- When errors occur due to OCR, they must be carefully examined and altered manually which slows production time.
- Archive & Retrieve Documents - When scanned, documents can be automatically routed to an archive system and indexed for fast retrieval through keyword searching.
- Log & Fix Errors - Generate notices or exception reports for documents that have not been scanned correctly.
- Share & Access Documents - Through document barcode tagging and scanning capabilities, document information can be shared with others if necessary through any network terminal or remote computer. Examples include servers, email systems, or fax systems.